Greg Porter's picture

I am having issues after TKLBAM backup and restore once I started doing some testing. 

1) I did a TKLBAM backup on a physical machine successfully.   However afterwords I started getting errors like :

/etc/resolvconf/update.d/libc: Warning: /etc/resolv.conf is not a symbolic link to /var/run/resolvconf/resolv.conf

Could not start apache while receiving errors like:

apache2: apr_sockaddr_info_get() failed for lamp

I switched from static to dynamic ip addressing a couple of times and it resolved itself.

2) I did TKLBAM restore to a vmware machine and started having the same kinds of errors.   However I have not been able to resolve these.

I can  cat /etc/resolv.conf and see the content as well as it showing up correctly in the directory

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 31 Jan 29 21:13 resolv.conf -> /etc/resolvconf/run/resolv.conf

This really concerns me since one of the reasons I choose TKL was the cloud backup

Any sugguestion anyone can provide would be deeply appreciated!

GP

Forum: 
Jeremy Davis's picture

And so is nothing to be too worried about in and of itself.

One thing I wanted to clarify - My reading of your post is that these things started when you first ran a backup!? Are you 100% sure? Because AFAIK TKLBAM doesn't do anything to your filesystem (other than copying stuff to /tmp ready for backup). So if these problems just started after running a backup (ie not a restore), I'd be inclined to suspect that it is coincidental. In fact, IIRC the "/etc/resolv.conf is not a symbolic link" warning is a factory fitted Ubuntu 'feature'!? :D

Did you fix the issue and then run a fresh backup? Or did you use that 'broken' backup to retore to your VM?

If I am correct in my suspicions, then the fact that this issue then propagated to the VM makes perfect sense (as you backed up a 'broken' system).

Anyway, all that is somewhat irrelevant (at least to a degree) becuase you probably want a hand fixing it! Is there anything of note in the Apache logs. You should find them all in /var/log/apache2

If you're not sure what you're looking for please feel free to post here. Probably just check error.log for starters.

Add new comment