Subscribe to Security and News announcements
In the works: dozens of new apps, high-security deterministic builds, clustering, multi-app installations, better backups...
File download and sharing server
A file server with integrated multi-protocol file sharing that can be used to handle all types of file downloads. Files can be added to the download list using the Torrent Server handler extension for FireFox, or through a simple web interface that allows you to manage the server remotely. Especially useful for centralizing file sharing on a shared network. Includes anti-virus scanning.
Run from browser:
This appliance includes all the standard features in TurnKey Core, and on top of that:
- SSL support out of the box.
- Includes popular compression support (zip, rar, bz2).
- Includes flip to convert text file endings between UNIX and DOS formats.
- E-mail download completion notification via Postfix MTA (bound to localhost).
File sharing (MLDonkey) configurations:
Anti-virus / malware scanning via ClamAV.
- Anti-virus signatures are auto-updated.
- Automatically quarantines unsafe downloads.
- Anti-virus logfile: /var/log/mldonkey/clamav.log
- Support broadcatching via helper tools (xmllint, xsltproc).
- Enabled all file sharing protocols (e.g., HTTP/FTP, BitTorrent, eDonkey, Direct Connect)
- Anti-virus / malware scanning via ClamAV.
File server (Samba) configurations:
- Preconfigured wordgroup: WORKGROUP
- Preconfigured netbios name: TORRENTSERVER
- Configured Samba and UNIX users/groups synchronization (CLI and Webmin).
- Configured root as administrative samba user.
- Users home directory.
- Public storage.
- CD-ROM with automount and umount hooks (/media/cdrom).
- Access your files securely from anywhere via AjaXplorer:
- Default storage directory: /srv/storage
Includes mldonkey-passwd script to change mldonkey, and AjaXplorer passwords.
- Recommended Firefox plugin: Torrent Server Handler
See the Torrent Server Documentation for more details, including configuration details if behind a Firewall/Router/NAT
- mldonkey daemon will shutdown if free disk space reaches the threshold of approx. 50MB.
- mldonkey can take a while to fully load depending on the system hardware, see the log file for details: /var/log/mldonkey/mlnet.log
Credentials (passwords set at first boot):
- Webmin, Webshell, SSH, Samba: username root
Web based file manager (AjaXplorer):
- username admin (Local)
- username root (Samba)